Your first option to make the switch from your regular CAD/CAM solution
Article by Peter Jacobs
Peter Jacobs is the Senior Director of Marketing at CNC Masters. He is actively involved in manufacturing processes and regularly contributes his insights for various blogs in CNC machining, 3D printing, rapid tooling, injection molding, metal casting, and manufacturing in general.
With over three decades’ worth of experience in the global mechanical industry, Fikus Visualcam has established itself as a formidable brand. It has acquired a reputation that is synonymous with accuracy and reliability. Hence, it is the go-to CAD/CAM software for all types of CNC machines.
If you are planning to make the switch from your regular CAD/CAM solution, then Fikus Visualcam should be the first on your list.
Fikus Visualcam envelopes three products, namely:
- FikusSt - a standard solution for workshops.
- FikusPlus - a milling and wire EDM CAM solution equipped with a high-performance CAD based on solids.
- FikusWorks - a wire EDM solution integrated with SolidWorks.
Here are a few reasons why industry experts choose Fikus Visualcam, specifically FikusSt, for their CNC milling workshop.
1. Create 2D, 2.5D, and 3D Designs
The milling module of Fikus Visualcam comes powered with a robust CAD/CAM design model that can handle 2D, 2.5D, and 3D designs with ease. You can not only wireframe these designs but also optimize them through detailed post-processing features like roughing, pre-finishing, finishing, and more.
It is particularly useful for designing 3D models as designers can use the solids 3D CAD module for real-world simulations without having to depend on traditional CAD systems.
2. Quicker Production Time
Fikus Visualcam is geared for production workshops, and as such, its primary goal surrounds reducing production time. The automation of complex parts such as roughing and contouring across different designs and heights makes it easier to machine parts without consuming too much time or labor.
Furthermore, the presence of templates and reusability of codes for repetitive action expedites production. The time saved in this manner reduces the overall cost of production, improves product quality, and maintains supply reliability across industries.
Designing with FikusPlus
3. Efficient Machining Capabilities
Efficient machining is possible through Fikus Visualcam due to the presence of machining assistants and seamless integration with dedicated postprocessors available in the market. The CAD software integrates different CAM modules for wire EDM, milling (2D, 2.5D, and 3D), mill-turn, lathe, routing, and 2D cutting, which makes it easier for programmers to efficiently and quickly design any job.
To add to these capabilities, functionalities such as dynamic rendering paired with an intuitive interface allow for quick, accurate, and efficient machining action.
4. Handling of Design Complexities
The Fikus Visualcam suit is specially designed for CAM programmers who wish to customize the geometry of the workpieces. They gain the power to perform unlimited undo and redo actions, gear creation, preview generation, and smart cutting to work out the geometry as per the design specifications.
CAM programmers can also import and export geometry for use across different CAD systems through the IGES, STEP, SolidWorks, Parasolid, DWG, DXF, and PLT interfaces. Fikus Visualcam comes equipped with a library of functions to generate wireframe geometry, modify contours, work with different surfaces, and even create gears, text, or dimensions.
5. Continuous Learning
Fikus Visualcam offers a high degree of customization, allowing the software to learn and adapt smartly as per the user’s preferences. The built-in assistants and wizards can automatically detect common elements to optimize the program and the machine’s functioning. As a result, there will be fewer clashes as well as optimum usage of tools during the machining process.
Moreover, CNC programmers can save their machining strategies as templates and reuse them when the opportunity presents itself. Hence, it also offers accurate and infinite repeatability, which will enhance product quality and save you time.
6. Constant Development
One of the most commendable characteristics of Fikus Visualcam rests in the fact that the software undergoes regular and frequent upgrades. For instance, FikusSt 20 promises a world of opportunities in the form of:
- Improvements in workflow organization, calculation algorithms, automation or rationalization, and more, thereby reducing the time required to open files by 10%.
- Programmers can incorporate several files into a single FikusSt 20 function with the intuitive drag and drop function.
- The software is now compatible with touch screen devices.
- Users can create shortcuts for basic surfaces and key commands that can speed up the designing time.
- The newer version of FikusSt is more efficient and intuitive as it can group functions depending on the families, repair overlapping geometries, fix loops and information, and improve curve simplification.
- The 2D and 3D milling cutters are faster and more efficient.
- In addition to the software, FikusCloud also receives an upgrade, making it easier for online or remote management of equipment.
Compatible with touch screen devices
If you are looking for ways to streamline operations, cut down costs, boost production rate, and maintain quality, then Fikus Visualcam caters to all of these requirements at once.
The simulator programs allow users to visualize the end result even before sending the CNC program to the machine, which effectively reduces wastage. Such an array of advantages will have a cumulative effect on your workshop’s profitability.